Harrison was named for the 9th U.S. President, William Henry Harrison. It was incorporated in 1850, and became a city in 1981. The City of Harrison is uniquely located on the border of Ohio and Indiana in western Hamilton County.
Boasting an unprecedented population growth of 7% annually for the past 3 years, The City is home to just under 10,000 residents. This is atypical of older communities that witness their younger generation move toward areas with greater economic and social opportunities. Harrison’s growth has found strength in the development of Interstate 74, strengthening the linkage with the Cincinnati metropolitan area. The linkage has made Harrison an attractive option for new residential construction.