The Mayor is elected for a four-year term and serves as the chief executive and administrative head of the City. The Mayor serves as President of Council and presides over all Council meetings. Only in the case of a tie vote does the Mayor or acting Mayor cast a deciding vote on an issue.
The legislative powers of Harrison are vested in a Council of seven members. All members of Council are elected for overlapping terms of four years, with an election held every two years.
L to R: Jerry Wilson, Tony Egner, Ryan Grubbs, Clerk Risa Dole, Mayor Bill Neyer, Ryan Samuels, Lexis Dole, Mike Mains and Jean Wilson
- City Council meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of each month at 7:30 p.m. in Council Chambers, located at 300 George St., Harrison, OH 45030.
- These meetings are televised "LIVE" as they happen on Spectrum Channel 4 and altafiberChannel 834. The first playback of a new meeting is the Wednesday after a meeting at 4:00 p.m. on Spectrum Channel 15 and altafiber Channel 845. Also on these channels on Mondays at 11:00 p.m. The other playback is on Spectrum Channel 17 and altafiber Channel 847 Sundays at 3:00 p.m. The 4th and 5th Tuesdays at 7:30 p.m. are replaced with the last LIVE meeting. Watch now
- Citizens or visitors who wish to address City Council regarding a specific issue must submit a visitor's form by 3 p.m. on the day of the meeting. (Or, citizens may use this printable visitor's form which should be faxed to (513) 367-3592 by 3 p.m. on the day of the meeting, or delivered in-person to the receptionist's desk at the Harrison Community Center by 7 p.m. on the day of the meeting.
- Visitors will be heard at 7:15 p.m., on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month, before the regular Council meeting.
Agendas & Minutes
- Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes