City of Harrison Police Chief Charles Lindsey reminds parents and community members to be diligent about safety during trick-or-treat, which is Oct. 31, 2020 from 6 to 8 p.m. He has provided the following safety reminders:
- Older kids should trick-or-treat with friends, never alone.
- Young children should be accompanied by an adult.
- Set a time limit for children to be out during trick-or treat.
- Remind kids not to enter a strange house or car.
- Make sure the children are carrying working flashlights.
- Motorists and pedestrians need to be especially careful at street crossings.
- Walk on sidewalks whenever possible. If there is not a sidewalk, face traffic while walking on the far edge of the road.
- Make sure kids know not to eat treats until they get home and they've been inspected by a parent or caregiver.